Good Morning...
ugggg its 10:00am and i am exhausted. i have nothing of great importance to share today. But that's the whole point of this blog, its here for me to push myself to write. In my second year of university my over dramatic creative writing teacher, who wore a Barret ( i don't know why but that Barret always pissed my shit off, like what did you get it in Paris? are you french or something or is that Barret suppose to make you seem cultured and shit... cuz it doesn't!) told our class
" your talent is a muscle. it is connected to the right side of your brain and extends itself to your arm and then to your pen, if you don't work this muscle out your writing will get weaker. so write every morning when your mind is clear, exercise your creativity."
Dramatic as she was, she had a point, so today i will write.
Lets talk about our most embarrassing moments shall we?
okay now i have had many of these. Being accident prone and needing glasses, i tend to fall into things like stop sign polls, tables. I trip over my own feet, i spill things and drop things on a regular bases.
But nothing tops Halloween 1997.
i was a Gypsy that year and super excited about it. I was by no means an attractive kid back in the day. I was scrawny, tall, had big fish eyes and long hair that was never smooth and shiny, but instead was always knotted and frizzy. Now being a gypsy meant i got to wear make-up, which in my world meant that not being attractive didn't mean i wasn't gonna look beautiful.
I always imagined that wearing make-up was like magic. You could cover things up, you could bring out your best features, maybe even look like an entirely different person, and i couldn't wait to see how much it could do for my appearance.
Now i wasn't going trick or treating that year because i felt 10 was just too old to trick or treat.. i figured 10 was like 2 years away from 12 which was 1 year away from 13, all of which made me so close to being a teenager. So i stayed in and handed out treats.
That evening when the doorbell rang i opened the door to the boy i had the biggest crush on that year , dressed as a ninja turtle. His name? cosimo. ugly fucking name come to think of it. Anyway, i opened the door and there stood cosimo and his friends.. who by the way were huge bullies and had on more then one occasion reduced me to tears.
I was nervous to be face to face with the boy i was way to shy to ever talk to, but thought how lucky that i was in least wearing makeup on this occasion. I imagined that cosimo could see how beautiful i was now that i had lipstick and mascara on. I imagined that he would dump his girlfriend Fern, who surely was not as beautiful as me on this night, and that we would be the ones holding hands at third recess... the longest recess of course. Fern would be jealous.. furious even at his betrayal.. but i would be humble and kind, befriend her and she would see that i was the better choice, and give us her blessing.
So i smiled politely and gave the bullies 1 lolly pop each, and cosimo practically everything else i had in the bowl.
Now the skirt that my step mom had given me for my gypsy costume was actually part of an old costume she had worn the previous year. Due to this the skirt was way too long on me and i had visions of tripping over it and falling flat on my face infront of cosimo. So as i twirled around to go back into the house i thought to myself, don't trip connie, don't trip.
well i didn't trip, instead i stepped on the skirt and it came tumbling down around my ankles exposing my pink granny panties with even darker pink hearts on them. i froze, silence.... then 4 boys howling with laughter is what came next. i was mortified and didn't live it down for the entire school year. looking back... i guess i was lucky that i wasn't wearing the barney ones.
so fellow readers... whats your most embarrassing moment?
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Ill tell you mine if you tell me yours!
Posted by Constar at 11:29 AM
Labels: embarrassing shit i do, memory lane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
OMG that must have been awful, but yes definately thankful Barney wasn't part of it all...lol.
Embarassing moment...hmmmmm. I guess it would have to be this guy i had a crush on in college. We both liked each other, but never at the same time. He would like me when I was with someone, and vice versa.
At one point I had broken up with someone to be with him, thinking this would all work out...I approached him. He said (insert name here), I do have feelings for you, but because you're a heavier girl, my friends would make fun of me, so I just can't do it. Pushing my thoughts aside at one last attempt, I said kiss me and see if you feel the same way after! He said no!
So there I sat feeling fat and unkissable.
Embarassing huh?
~*still apologizing for making 11 to 10, but now it is back at 11*~
So I was in Jr. High and at a friends place, a guy that was really cute was there, we were sitting on the bed, he asked me if I wanted to go out with him. Wow me, a voluptuous sexy thing like me? My friend then told him she needed to talk to him in the closet, what were they doing?! Making out! Wow was my face red, not knowing while I sat on the bed they were sucking face. He came out of the closet, haha still funny to this day, and said um yeah thanks for going out with me but it's over. I sat there dumbfounded and speechless.
lol! thanks for telling me your stories ladies! and yay im back to 11! hahaha.
I was at my best and then my worst. It was a Saturday night of too much and then I saw her. The girl I adored all through high school. She was a little punk rocker and I thought everything about her was perfect! So perfect that I was too scared to even say hello. After enough liquid courage this was the night I would say hello. As I walked up to here I could feel myself getting cold feet and auto-pilot taking over. Maybe it was the booze, maybe it was my total infatuation these words came out of my mouth…
“You are so beautiful. If there was anything that I could say right now to make you fall for me…could we pretend that I said it already?”
How I came up with is still a mystery. I am rarely this smooth ever. Next thing I know we were in her car and driving to my place. My brain was starting to slip in and out of consciousness and a few times I could feel myself asking, “Is this even real?”
We get to my place and in seconds our lips lock in a heated embrace. I love to kiss and this was one of those amazing lip dances of a hot mambo scene of oral fixation. Soon our clothes are falling off and we are stumbling for the bed.
My lips start running up and down her legs as the sweet music of angels’ rings in my head. It was exactly like that moment where Charlie Brown kisses the little red haired girl. I was in heaven and my head was spinning. Oh wait…the head spinning was a bad thing. Spinning like a merry go round picking up speed to mach 1 making my stomach start to do flip flops.
“Oh no….please no…not now…anytime but now.” The voice inside my head pleaded with any deity that would listen. I would have pledged my soul not to go through the inevitable of what was seconds away. I fought the uneasiness as long as I could and managed to get most of her clothes off. Seconds before I could my late teen hormones could explore what would undoubtedly be the most glorious moment…I could feel things turning for the worst. The sensation built up inside me and I ran for the window and started hurling. I was a mess and hated myself for it. The girl of my dreams was shrieking in disgust and fleeing from my bed. She returned to the party and proceeded to tell the entire story to everyone there. Some regrets are harder to let go than others.
colorado: that was an epic story! nicely written too i might add! haha and that line?! what a beauty!
colorado: that was an epic story! nicely written too i might add! haha and that line?! what a beauty!
Post a Comment